tags: 2010, 2012, a prairie home companion, a scanner darkly, academy award nominations, Best Supportin Actor, defendor, hd trailer, Iraq War, No Country for Old Men, North Country, oscar nominations, semi-pro, seven pounds, The Hurt Locker, the messenger, the messenger trailer, Transsiberian, Woody Harrelson, woody harrelson bio, Zombieland
March 7, 2010 / by Blake Fehl
Gritty dramas based around the Iraq War were a popular subject in films in 2009. Dominating the award season is The Hurt Locker. Which means another film based in all of the Iraq War drama has been passed up, The Messenger. Staff Sergeant William Montgomery (Ben Foster) and Captain Tony Stone (Woody Harrelson) are part of the Army’s Casualty Notification service. The two men are tasked with telling families about downed soldiers. The Messenger is a moving drama, with touchy subject material.
This is Woody Harrelson’s second Academy Award Nomination. Harrelson was also nominated for The People Vs Larry Flynt in 1996.
- 2012 (2009) – Charlie Frost
- Zombieland (2009) – Tallahassee
- Defendor (2009) – Arthur Poppington/Defendor
- The Messenger (2009) – Captain Tony Stone
- Seven Pounds (2008) – Ezra Turner
- Semi-Pro (2008) – Monix
- Transsiberian (2008) – Roy
- No Country For Old Men (2007) – Carson Wells
- A Scanner Darkly (2006) – Ernie Luckman
- A Prairie Home Companion (2006) – Dusty
- North Country (2005) – Bill White