Best Supporting Actor Nominatons – Stanely Tucci “The Lovely Bones” – 2010 Academy Awards
Stanley Tucci has had his ups and downs this year, he enjoyed critical favored roles in both The Lovely Bones and Julie & Julia. Although, not all has been good for the versatile actor, whose wife died last April after a fight with breast cancer.
Tucci plays the main villain in Peter Jackson’s adaptation of the Alice Sebold novel, The Lovely Bones. The film tells the story of teenage Susie Salmon who is murdered by unassuming neighbor George Harvey. Susie narrates the film while watching from above in her own vision of the entry to heaven. Tucci brilliantly places the creepy Harvey as a sociopath who moves from to town killing young girls.
- The Lovely Bones (2009) – George Harvey
- Julie & Julia (2009) – Paul Child
- The Hoax (2006) – Shelton Fisher
- The Devil Wears Prada (2006) – Nigel
- Lucky Number Slevin (2006) – Brikowski
- The Terminal (2004) – Frank Dixon
- The Life and Death of Peter Sellers (2004) – Stanley Kubrick
- Road to Perdition (2002) – Frank Nitti
- A Midnight Summer’s Dream (1999) – Puck