Sandra Bullock has had somewhat of a banner year, two hot releases, and one blemish. Bullock started out her year red hot with her role in the romantic comedy, The Proposal, with Ryan Reynolds. The actress then followed with the resounding failure, All About Steve, co-starring with rising star Bradley Cooper. Although, Bullock’s biggest success of the year came in the form of sports drama, The Blind Side. The Blind Side is the film based around real life NFL player Michael Oher, and his uplifting story of finding a home after years of strife and homelessness. Bullock plays the maternal Leigh Anne Tuohy, who takes in Oher and treats him as one of the family.
This was Bullock’s first Academy Award Nomination.
- The Blind Side (2009) – Leigh Anne Tuohy
- The Proposal (2009) – Margaret Tate
- The Lake House (2006) – Kate Forster
- Miss Congeniality (2005) – Gracie Hart
- Crash (2004) – Jean Cabot
- Two Weeks Notice (2002) – Lucy Kelson
- Miss Congeniality (2000) – Gracie Hart
- Forces of Nature (1999) – Sarah Lewis
- Hope Floats (1998) – Birdie Pruitt
- A Time To Kill (1996) – Ellen Roark
- The Net (1995) – Angela Bennett
- Speed (1994) – Annie Porter
- Demolition Man (1993) – Lt. Lenina Huxley
- Love Potion No. 9 (1992) – Diane Farrow