“The Twilight Saga: New Moon” Available on Blu-ray and DVD Now
Following Bella Swan’s ill-fated 18th birthday party, Edward Cullen and his family abandon the town of Forks, Washington, in an effort to protect her from the dangers inherent in their world. As the heartbroken Bella sleepwalks through her senior year of high school, numb and alone, she discovers Edward’s image comes to her whenever she puts herself in jeopardy. Her desire to be with him at any cost leads her to take greater and greater risks.
With the help of her childhood friend Jacob Black, Bella refurbishes an old motorbike to carry her on her adventures. Bella’s frozen heart is gradually thawed by her budding relationship with Jacob, a member of the mysterious Quileute tribe, who has a supernatural secret of his own.
When a chance encounter brings Bella face to face with a former nemesis, only the intervention of a pack of supernaturally large wolves saves her from a grisly fate, and the encounter makes it frighteningly clear that Bella is still in grave danger. In a race against the clock, Bella learns the secret of the Quileutes and Edward’s true motivation for leaving her. She also faces the prospect of a potentially deadly reunion with her beloved that is a far cry from the one she’d hoped for.
The Twilight Saga: New Moon
Directed by Chris Weitz
- Genre: Suspense & Thriller
- Category: Romantic Fantasy
- Theme: Forbidden Love
- Release Date: March 20, 2010
- Rating: PG-13
- Publisher: Summit Entertainment
- Studio: Summit Entertainment
- Lead Actors: Kristen Stewart, Taylor Lautner, Robert Pattinson
- Director: Chris Weitz
- Picture Format: Widescreen
- Run Time: 2 hr 10 min
- Format: Blu-ray, DVD
- Exclusive content includes: Deleted Scenes, Introducing the Volturi and From Storyboard to Screen Featurettes
- Featurettes include: Fandamonium: A Look at Die Hard Fans and The Beat Goes On: Music of New Moon
- This Blu-ray edition also has an exclusive feature that allows for the 6 part documentary to be viewed separately or in an immersive PICTURE-IN-PICTURE mode