Review: ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Out Today on 4K, Blu-ray and DVD!
The biggest movie of 2018 is now available on Blu-ray and DVD!
Avengers: Infinity War brought in over $2 billion dollars at the global box office earlier this year, with Black Panther (the previous Marvel Studios entry) coming in 2nd. The film now holds the record for the largest worldwide opening of all time, with $640.5 million – beating the previous record holder, The Fate of the Furious, by nearly $100 million dollars!
The wait is finally over to watch the epic superhero showdown at home, in glorious 4K UHD, Blu-ray, streaming, and all of the other formats. The picture is crystal clear, even when watching on a 1080p television on Blu-ray. I was blown away by the quality of the release, and beautiful the picture looked throughout the entire feature.
Infinity War was the first Hollywood movie to be filmed entirely with IMAX cameras. The technology, notably used for stunning nature and science documentaries, has lent itself to epic scenes in films over the years. But using the cameras to film the entirety of the latest Avengers entry gave it the look and feel of epic proportions we have never before seen.
And when you start with a super-high resolution like the IMAX cameras use (for example, Guardians of the Galaxy 2 was filmed in 8K), you can pack much more information onto the screen when it comes to even a 4K or 1080p release. That is why the colors and clarity are so high in a home video release like this. And the result is amazing – the best looking Blu-ray I have ever seen.
What would a Marvel Studios release be without special features? It wouldn’t exist, that’s for sure! The disc is loaded with featurettes and deletes scenes, including:
- Strange Alchemy (5min 8sec) – Hear from the creative team behind the Marvel Cinematic Universe, as they talk about the incredible ten-year journey and eighteen films that have lead them to where we are today. Interviews with Kevin Feige, The Russo Brothers, Trinh Tran, Chris Pratt, Dave Bautista, Chadwick Boseman, Benedict Cumberbatch, and more.
- The Mad Titan (6min 34sec) – Learn what it took to bring the biggest fight yet to our Avengers. Thanos, the Mad Titan, is a threat unlike any other that our heroes have seen. Now that he has two of the infinity stones, and is looking for more, stopping him is the only way to save the world. Interviews with Thanos himself – Josh Brolin – and many of the other cast and creatives. Gain insight into how the character was developed, and performed by Brolin. Also find out how the amazing visuals were brought to life through motion capture and state-of-the-art CGI.
- Beyond the Battle: Titan (9min 36sec) – Find out from directors Joe and Anthony Russo how they crafted the most intense film in the MCU yet. Both chapters in the Infinity War story were filmed back to back, making this the largest global shoot Marvel Studios has ever done. Learn about the months of planning that went into the Titan sequence alone, and visit the sound stage where this impressive battle is created. See interviews with the creatives who made it possible.
- Beyond the Battle: Wakanda (10min 58sec) – Another huge set piece in the film is the Wakanda battle, which features many of the Avengers fighting together (some for the first time). Interviews with Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Karen Gillan, Danai Gurira, Chadwick Boseman, and many more about this epic showdown. Also, hear from the creative team that made it all possible.
- Happy Knows Best
- Hunt For the Mind Stone
- The Guardians Get Their Groove Back
- A Father’s Choice
Gag Reel (2min 5 sec)
What else needs to be said? These reels are always hilarious. See your favorite Avengers flubbing lines, improving, dancing, and having a blast!
Join directors Joe and Anthony Russo, along with writers Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely, as they take you behind the scenes with all of the on-set info, development process, and how they came to this incredible final product.
Bring home Avengers: Infinity War Today on 4K, Blu-ray, and DVD!