Preview: ‘Far Cry 5’ Set For Release on PS4, Xbox One, and PC on March 27
The next installment of the critically acclaimed Far Cry series, Far Cry 5, is set to launch in less than two weeks on March 27, 2018. The game is available to pre-order now on both PlayStation and Xbox stores, as well as uPlay.
The new game takes place in Hope County, Montana, where we are introduced to The Project at Eden’s Gate – a cult of doomsday fanatics. It is your mission to stop these crazed lunatics, lead by Joseph Seed, and take back the town for its people.
The Far Cry series is known for its expansive open-world maps, beautifully detailed designs, and impressive amounts of challenging missions. Far Cry 5 will feature the largest variety of customizable vehicles and weapons thus far in the series.
Each game looks better than the last, and this one is no exception. Here are some of the latest screenshots from Far Cry 5:
As you can see, the game looks absolutely gorgeous.
One of the best parts about these games is the limitless amount of fun you can have exploring the world, going on quests, and unlocking everything the game has to offer. Here’s just some of what you can expect from Far Cry 5:
SPARK THE FIRES OF RESISTANCE AGAINST A FANATIC CULT
- Stranded in hostile territory, find strength in the community around you to lead a resistance against a cult taking over Hope County, Montana.
- A huge cast of memorable characters including Mary May, local saloon owner; Nick Rye, family man and
plane enthusiast; and Pastor Jerome Jeffries, a preacher whose flock has been led astray.
- Recruit Guns for Hire and leverage the special skills of up to 2 at a time to turn the tables on The Project at Eden’s Gate.
- Command specialized Fangs For Hire, animals you can control to support any playstyle.
- Ally with a Friend For Hire to take down the cult in a two-player co-op experience that extends across the full campaign.
CARVE YOUR OWN PATH
- The freedom to go in any direction – you decide the when, the where, and the how.
- From the moment you enter Hope County you have the freedom to tackle the world in any order you choose.
- For the first time in Far Cry, you are the hero of the story – choose your own avatar and customize your character.
- Create insane and unique Far Cry experiences with the map editor, to enjoy with or against your friends!
A WORLD THAT EVOLVES
- Play your way against Joseph Seed and his fanatical followers in a dynamic open world that adapts and reacts to the choices you make.
- The Resistance Meter evolves the world in meaningful ways as you progress; every action you take moves your story forward.
- Disrupt the cult’s doomsday preparations to draw The Heralds into epic showdowns in the open world.
- Your choices affect the world as new gameplay opportunities arise from the chaos.
- Tear up the countryside in iconic American vehicles you can make your own; from muscle cars to big rigs, from ATVs to tractors.
- Commandeer a plane to engage cult forces in an epic aerial dogfight or bombing run.
- Discover the natural riches of the Montana wilderness as you hunt, fish, and explore every inch.