‘Assassin’s Creed Rogue’ Getting Remastered Release for PS4 and Xbox One
Release Date: Tuesday, March 20, 2018
What has been described as, “The darkest chapter of the Assassin’s Creed franchise,” Assassin’s Creed Rogue has now been remastered for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Both PS4 Pro and Xbox One users will be able to take advantage of new 4K graphics, high-resolution textures, improved shadows and lighting, and more.
The game was originally released in 2014 for PS3 and Xbox 360. In AC Rogue, you play Shay Patrick Cormac – a member of the Assassins Brotherhood who switches over to the Templars. You are forced to hunt down your former brothers, as you travel from New York City to the Wild River Valley, and sail the North Atlantic.
Check out some of the screenshots of the updated graphics:
Here are the features of this latest release:
THE MOST BEAUTIFUL VERSION OF THE GAME
Play Assassin’s Creed Rogue with remastered visual improvements on next-gen platforms.
- Upscaled graphical resolution allowing you to play in 4K on Xbox One X and PlayStation®4 Pro (1080p on
Xbox One and PS4™ system).
- Enhanced graphics with improved environment rendering, upscaled shadow resolution, denser crowds,
BECOME THE MOST FEARED ASSASSIN HUNTER IN HISTORY
- Experience the Assassin’s Creed universe from the perspective of a Templar. Play as Shay, who, in addition to the deadly skills of a Master Assassin, also possesses never-before-seen skills and weapons.
- Equip Shay’s deadly air rifle for both short- and long-range combat. Distract, eliminate, or confuse your
enemies by using a variety of ammunition, including specialized bullets and grenades.
- Protect yourself from hidden Assassins with your enhanced Eagle Vision. Constantly assess your
surroundings and detect Assassins hiding in the shadows, along rooftops, and among the crowd.
SLOWLY DESCEND INTO DARKNESS
Witness Shay’s transformation from an adventurous Assassin to a grim and committed Templar willing to hunt down his former brothers. Experience firsthand the events that will lead Shay down a dark path and set him on a course that will forever change the fate of the Assassin Brotherhood.
IMPROVED NAVAL GAMEPLAY
Assassin’s Creed Rogue Remastered builds on the award-winning naval experience from Assassin’s Creed® IV
Black Flag®. Cast off in your ship, the Morrigan, and fight your way through the icy seas of the North Atlantic and
the narrow waters of America’s river valleys.
- Unpredictable enemy tactics: Defend yourself from Assassins as they attempt to board your ship and
overthrow your crew. Fight them off quickly to avoid losing too many crew members.
- A variety of weapons: Burning oil, which leaves a trail of fire behind to burn enemy ships, and the Puckle
gun, capable of delivering continuous machine-gun-like fire.
- An arctic world full of possibilities: Ram through ice sheets to discover hidden locations and use icebergs as cover during naval battles.
A VAST, DIVERSE OPEN WORLD TO EXPLORE
Shay’s story will allow you to explore three unique environments:
- The North Atlantic Ocean – Experience the cold winds and towering icebergs of the arctic in this
expansive naval playground.
- The River Valley – A large hybrid setting of the American Frontier mixing seamless river navigation and
- New York City – One of the most well-known cities in the world, fully recreated as it existed in the 18th century.
BONUS MISSIONS, CUSTOMIZATION PACKS, AND ADDITIONAL BONUS CONTENT INCLUDED
Two bonus missions from the original edition:
- The Armor of Sir Gunn Quest where you’ll explore North America to find the remains of Sir Gunn and
solve his great mystery.
- The Siege of Fort de Sable including a bonus fort-raiding mission at sea, in the North Atlantic territory of the New World.
Customization packs allowing you to personalize your character:
- The Master Templar Pack including three outfits, weapons and items to customize your ship
- The Explorer Pack including weapons and items to customize your ship.
- Bayek’s legacy outfit.
Additional bonus content available via the Ubisoft Club Rewards Program:
- Legacy Assassin outfits including Altaïr, Ezio, Connor, Edward, Arno, Jacob, and Aguilar.
- The Jackdaw Pack including items to customize your ship.